The MonScouts Diversity and Inclusion Team will be available for providing guidance and support and promoting diversity and inclusion within the county (gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, additional needs, mental health etc). If you’re passionate about equal opportunities and/or have some specialist or practical knowledge on any aspect of diversity and inclusion that you’re willing to share, membership of the Diversity and Inclusion Team is for you.
We’re looking for team members willing to share their knowledge with other Scouters so that MonScouts can be as diverse and inclusive as possible
What does the Diversity and Inclusion Team Do?
The Diversity and Inclusion Team are responsible for supporting the District by:
- Providing guidance and advice to the district team on all matters relating to diversity and inclusion
- Providing guidance and advice to the district executive committee on all matters relating to diversity and inclusion
- Providing guidance and support to adult leaders on all matters relating to diversity and inclusion
- Providing guidance and support to youth members on applicable matters relating to diversity and inclusion
How does the team work?
The team will be made up of like-minded people who have a specific interest in and knowledge of diversity and inclusion. Here is how it works:
- We’ll sort out all your paperwork and a DBS check if you’re not already a member of Scouts, so you’re ready to roll.
- You’ll be kept up to date with all the latest news about
- Requests for specific support from sections, groups and districts, where you may be able to help provide guidance and support (usually by e-mail or phone, but occasionally with a section visit)
- Specific events, such as supporting Pride parades and events
- You may decide to take on a specific role – such as providing guidance and support for a specific aspect of diversity and inclusion, or organising a specific event such as a Pride event.